Work Opportunities Unlimited
We are looking for our next Work & Community Support Specialist in Saco, ME!
This position has the flexibility to be either full- or part-time..
Here at Work Opportunities Unlimited, we believe all people can work and strive to provide new opportunities for success in the workplace, every day. Although Work Opportunities Unlimited focuses on employment, the ultimate goal is for the client to become as independent as possible, at work and in life.
As part of every person’s week they engage in work, recreation, and other personal necessities that ideally allows them to live a preferred lifestyle in their preferred community. It is our objective to provide employment services, but also provide services that enhance their career opportunities and ultimately their independence.
In our Work & Community Support Specialist position, you’ll focus on bringing this mission to life. You’ll be working with youth and adults focusing on community-based support services such as:
- Customized service planning
- Preparation for volunteer employment
- Accessing volunteer employment
- Retain volunteer employment
- Participation in work assessments and other career exploration activities
- Accessing gym memberships
- Enrolling and support in further education
- Participation in community activities
- Budgeting and banking
- Accessing community services such as the library, public transportation, and the post office.
Why choose WOU?
- Serve your community while getting paid & having fun!
- Flexible, day-time schedule.
- Competitive paid time off accrual (PTO).
- 401(k) enrollment
- Health benefits (FT)
- Learning and development opportunities prioritized – tailored training.
- Culture of peer support and teamwork.
Apply online via www.workopportunities.net Questions?
About Work Opportunities Unlimited
Work Opportunities Unlimited (WOU) is an innovative, progressive organization dedicated not only to employment outcomes for job seekers and employers, but to the satisfaction and development of all employees, who we refer to as team members. With an emphasis on the training and professional development of qualified team members, WOU fosters a fun yet disciplined work environment that results in services of the highest quality. Armed with an experienced and diverse workforce of dedicated professionals, the team at WOU has been producing successful employment outcomes for those with barriers to employment since the company’s inception in 1982.