Work Opportunities Unlimited
Lead Employment Specialist – Woburn, MA
Are you an individual who wants to be a positive change in the human services industry? Work Opportunities Unlimited is looking for a ‘go-getter’ to help people with barriers to employment find meaningful work and make a positive impact each and every day in their community. Join our vibrant, knowledgeable and creative team in the Woburn, MA area! We’re seeking a Lead Employment Specialist to help support our mission.
A Lead Employment Specialist will assist individuals with barriers to employment in finding and retaining meaningful employment within the community. In addition, this position will assist the Director in supervising team members, collaborating with funding agencies and scheduling.
A day in the life of a Lead Employment Specialist:
- Communicate with clients, families, referral sources, employers and other stakeholders to provide updates about each client’s progress in achieving his/her goals.
- Provide day-to-day support to team members regarding 30-day objectives, retention planning, training, and other topics.
- Assist the Director in special projects as assigned.
- Support adults and youth with disabilities or other barriers to employment to develop career goals, prepare for their job search, secure their job, and coach the individuals as they learn the tasks and responsibilities.
- Support clients one-on-one with community activities, including paid employment, internships and volunteer opportunities.
What does community-based work at WOU look like?
- You transport clients throughout the community to and from work sites.
- You’re not spending your day at a desk or in a cubicle!
- You meet with your clients out in the community, whether it’s at a local coffee shop or community room.
- You have a list of priorities, but how you organize those throughout the month is up to you.
Why choose WOU?
- Flexible, day-time schedule.
- Competitive and accrued paid time off.
- Ten paid holidays.
- 401(k) enrollment.
- Learning and career development opportunities.
- A culture of peer support and a family-like environment.
- Serve your community while having fun!
Leadership or supervisory experience in a previous role.
Passionate about working with individuals with disabilities or desire to work with a human services organization.
Must have a personal vehicle, driver’s license and proof of being listed as a covered driver on the auto insurance policy.
Must have a clean criminal and driving record. A state/federal criminal background and motor vehicle check will be required.
Email your resume to email@example.com or apply online via www.workopportunities.net Questions? Call us at 1-866-761-1347
About Work Opportunities Unlimited
Work Opportunities Unlimited (WOU) is an innovative, progressive organization dedicated not only to employment outcomes for job seekers and employers, but to the satisfaction and development of all employees, who we refer to as team members. With an emphasis on the training and professional development of qualified team members, WOU fosters a fun yet disciplined work environment that results in services of the highest quality. Armed with an experienced and diverse workforce of dedicated professionals, the team at WOU has been producing successful employment outcomes for those with barriers to employment since the company’s inception in 1982