Employment Specialist – Weymouth, MA
F/T or P/T
Are you ready to start building a career in the Human Services field while having the opportunity to impact the lives of others? Look no further! Work Opportunities Unlimited is a community-based Human Services organization 40 years strong. When you join our team, you join the best talent around! We offer individual development plans, one-on-one personal training and job shadowing opportunities, competitive wages and benefits, a dynamic company culture as well as tools and resources to succeed and advance within the company.
As an Employment Specialist, a typical day might include the following:
- Providing one-on-one support to individuals (clients) with barriers to employment which includes on-site job support and individualized job coaching at community locations.
- Working with clients to develop career goals and objectives, assisting clients in finding and maintaining meaningful employment or community activities.
- Performs business development activities to identify appropriate job matches.
- Coordinates and provides client transportation throughout the community, focusing on client independence.
The job might be for you if:
- You enjoy helping people. You get a kick out of getting people to those aha! moments. You are patient, level-headed, and cool under pressure. Teaching someone something new makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.
- You communicate clearly. You write well. You speak eloquently. You can explain just about anything to anyone, and you are comfortable communicating in writing and on the phone.
- You have human services experience or a strong desire to work in the field. You are motivated and driven to help people succeed. You want to make a difference.
- You enjoy a community-based environment. You thrive at multi-tasking and can stay organized on-the-go. You stay focused and pay attention the all the details.
Sound like a match?
Apply today or send resume to email@example.com