Work Opportunities Unlimited
Employment Specialist- Human Services
Welcome to a unique role as an Employment Specialist, with an award-winning company. As a community-based human services organization, Work Opportunities Unlimited is redefining success at work. We are on the hunt for team members in the Boca Raton, FL area to bring success at work to those who experience barriers. This position has the ability to be either full- or part-time with flexible day-time hours.
What’s in it for you?
- Free training – become a certified Employment Specialist for the State of Florida!
- Competitive paid time off accrual.
- Ten paid holidays.
- Learning and development opportunities prioritized – the path to success.
- Culture of peer support and teamwork.
What you’ll be doing:
- Support adults & youth with disabilities or other barriers to employment.
- Develop career goals, prepare for their job search, secure their job, coach the individuals as they learn the tasks and responsibilities.
- On-site support with community activities, including paid employment, internships, and volunteer opportunities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local businesses.
- Write daily notes & track monthly progress/goals.
- A bachelor’s degree with one year of direct experience OR an associate degree with two years of direct experience OR four years total experience working around individuals with disabilities.
- Florida driver’s license and registration.
- Upon job offer, a satisfactory state/federal criminal background & motor vehicle check.
Apply today for our Employment Specialist – Human services role:
Submit a quick application via www.workopportunities.net or send your resume firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Opportunities Unlimited (WOU) is an innovative, progressive organization dedicated not only to employment outcomes for job seekers and employers, but to the satisfaction and development of all employees, who we refer to as team members. With an emphasis on the training and professional development of qualified team members, WOU fosters a fun yet disciplined work environment that results in services of the highest quality. Armed with an experienced and diverse workforce of dedicated professionals, the team at WOU has been producing successful employment outcomes for those with barriers to employment since the company’s inception in 1982.