Work Opportunities Unlimited
Employment Specialist – Students
We are a community-based Human Service organization working with individuals that experience barriers to employment. Here at Work Opportunities Unlimited, we look for passionate go-getters…someone with a bit of spunk, a lot of heart and fabulous interpersonal skills. We are currently looking for an Employment Specialist to work in Lynn, MA and the surrounding towns. Part time or full time hours available, Monday- Friday.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting students in small groups and 1:1 from local school districts or Massachusetts Commission for the Blind, and youth from the Department of Children and Families.
- Teaching soft skills and preparing students for volunteer or paid employment opportunities.
- Conducting small group sessions to students learning about the world of work.
- Assisting students with career exploration by completing interest inventories, assessments, and job tours in the community.
- Connecting with business owners in the community to learn about hiring needs and opportunities for work based learning experiences.
- Attending IEP meetings and providing progress updates on student performance.
- Completing daily, weekly, and/or monthly documentation outlining progress.
- You have a passion for helping others and knack for connecting with people.
- You’re curious, outcome-driven, and love to ask questions.
- You’re interested in Human Services and thrive being out in the community – you prefer to leave the desk behind!
Perks of joining our team:
- Competitive pay along with the opportunity to earn bonuses for placement and retention of clients on their job sites
- You get to combine the best of both worlds. The opportunity to work out in the community, while also being able to connect with colleagues.
- We provide our team the resources and technology they need to do their job, including a company issued laptop.
- Work-life balance thanks to a generous PTO policy and ten observed holidays.
- Job training programs tailored to your talents.
- Team building opportunities via group dinners, holiday parties and award ceremonies.
- A supportive environment to learn, regular feedback, career path visibility and opportunities to prove yourself.
Ready for the next step?
Apply today at www.workopportunities.net
Our recruitment team can be reached at: 603-834-9020 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About Work Opportunities Unlimited
Work Opportunities Unlimited (WOU) is an innovative, progressive organization dedicated not only to employment outcomes for job seekers and employers, but to the satisfaction and development of all employees, who we refer to as team members. With an emphasis on the training and professional development of qualified team members, WOU fosters a fun yet disciplined work environment that results in services of the highest quality. Armed with an experienced and diverse workforce of dedicated professionals, the team at WOU has been producing successful employment outcomes for those with barriers to employment since the company’s inception in 1982.