Work Opportunities Unlimited
Employment Specialist- Human Services
We have part and full time opportunities available in Springfield, MA– flexible hours!
Welcome to a unique role as an Employment Specialist with an award-winning company. As a community-based human services organization, Work Opportunities Unlimited is redefining success at work. Thanks to a dynamic team of Directors, Team Leaders & Employment Specialists, we’re proud to serve thousands of individuals each year across eight states.
Why choose WOU?
- Serve your community while getting paid & having fun!
- Flexible, day-time schedule with F/T and P/T opportunities available.
- Competitive paid time off accrual.
- Ten paid holidays.
- Excellent health, dental & vision benefits, tuition assistance (F/T only) & 401(k) enrollment.
- Learning and development opportunities prioritized – tailored training.
- Culture of peer support and team working.
- Base salary commensurate with experience.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting adults & youth with disabilities or other barriers to employment.
- Developing career goals, prepare for their job search, secure their job, coach the individuals as they learn the tasks and responsibilities.
- On-site support with community activities, including paid employment, internships and volunteer opportunities.
- Developing and maintain relationships with local businesses.
- Writing daily notes & tracking monthly progress/goals.
- Candidates who are passionate about working with individuals with disabilities or desire to work with a human services organization.
- Upon job offer candidate must submit to a satisfactory background check.
Apply today for our Employment Specialist role!
About Work Opportunities Unlimited
Work Opportunities Unlimited (WOU) is an innovative, progressive organization dedicated not only to employment outcomes for job seekers and employers, but to the satisfaction and development of all employees, who we refer to as team members. With an emphasis on the training and professional development of qualified team members, WOU fosters a fun yet disciplined work environment that results in services of the highest quality. Armed with an experienced and diverse workforce of dedicated professionals, the team at WOU has been producing successful employment outcomes for those with barriers to employment since the company’s inception in 1982.