Why I love WOU!
Our Mission at work
Becoming a Career Resource Specialist
What do our team members think about working here?
Overview of Some Positions
Click for a List of Current Openings
You will work remotely and will be responsible for researching both funding sources and employers to qualify leads and schedule appointments. Read More.
You will focus on bringing our mission of placing job seekers who experience barriers to employment to life. We work with adults and youth. Read More.
The Director will be responsible for ensuring that the Career Resource Specialist (CRS) team delivers excellent client services. Read More.
A community-based human services role, responsible for assisting individuals with barriers secure meaningful employment. Read More.
Our Regional Director is responsible for overseeing multiple service areas and will supervise at least one market Director. Read More.
A Team Leader will assist individuals with barriers in finding and retaining meaningful employment within the community. Read More.
Our Recruiting Team
- Bio: Stacey started her career with WOU in 2003 as a Career Resource Specialist and was promoted to Director in 2005, supporting the expansion of WOU in Worcester County, MA and Montgomery County, MD. After leaving WOU for a short period of time, she rejoined WOU in 2014 with a role on the Recruitment Team where she now leads as the Director. Stacey supports, trains and mentors the team of Recruiters and communicates closely with the organization’s senior management team. She holds a MS in Organizational Leadership/Human Resource Management from Southern New Hampshire University and a BA in Psychology from University of Massachusetts Lowell.
- Fun Fact: I have lived in New England all my life and just started skiing last year. I love it and can’t believe I missed out all these years! I love reading and traveling with my family, enjoying all four seasons!
- Why WOU? The people – I get to work with an amazing group of people who have similar values and goals. I love how creative and innovative we are as an organization. I also love the purpose – we help others to find meaningful work each day. Work has such a positive impact on the lives of others in so many ways.
- Favorite Recruiter Tip: If a Recruiter reaches out to you with interest, it doesn’t hurt to have a conversation. Even if the role ends up not being a fit, you never know what door the conversation could open. Recruiters have very large networks!
- Bio: Kelly has enjoyed a long career in Human Resources and recruiting since graduating from Trinity College in Hartford, CT with a bachelor’s degree in Psychology and earning her MBA from Clark University in Worcester, MA. She has worked in a variety of HR disciplines including employee and labor relations, recruiting and organizational development. Kelly has been a Recruiter with WOU since 2013.
- Fun Fact: I really enjoy cooking, but particularly baking. In high school, I had a side business as a cake decorator!
- Why WOU? It is not often that you get to work where everyone is truly passionate about the organization’s mission. It makes my job much easier and more fulfilling knowing that we all share the same company values and commitment to making a difference in the lives of others.
- Favorite Recruiter Tip: Take the time to read about the company and the industry before applying to see if it is a good match with your career goals. You will impress a company if you have invested your time to learn about them and can express why you would love to join their team.
- Bio: Kaitlyn joined the WOU Recruiting Team in June of 2015 after working a few years in various HR roles. She has Human Resources experience in diverse industries such as customer service, healthcare, restaurant & retail. Kaitlyn is an alumna of Florida State College at Jacksonville where she earned a Bachelors in Business with HR concentration.
- Fun Fact: I live in a Quonset Hut that my husband built himself!
- Why WOU? Work Opportunities has been the most gracious and caring organization to work for. They are flexible, caring and offer endless opportunities for growth and learning!
- Favorite Recruiter Tip: Research the company website prior to speaking with a Recruiter.
- Bio: Andrea joined the Work Opportunities Unlimited Recruiting team in October of 2017. Andrea has a B.S. in Business Communication from Northeastern University and has over 15 years’ experience in the recruiting field.
- Fun Fact: I love traveling and spending time outdoors with my family!
- Why WOU? I love working for WOU because of our team approach to recruiting.
- Favorite Recruiter Tip: I always tell candidates to dress to impress and sell themselves.
- Bio: Jennifer “Jen” has a degree in Paralegal Studies. She joined the WOU Recruiting Team in June of 2019. She has been working in the recruiting field for over four years in addition to her prior experience working five years in Higher Education Admissions.
- Fun Fact: I have a vast collection of action figures and vinyl records!
- Why WOU? I love that WOU stands behind creating new opportunities for success in the workplace. I believe that everyone should have the opportunity to find a role in which they can flourish!
- Favorite Recruiter Tip: Show your genuine passion to want to help people grow!
- Bio: Cori graduated with a BA in Medical Biology from the University of New Hampshire. She joined WOU in May of 2021 after gaining strong recruiting skills in prior roles as a retail Store Manager and as a Recruiter in the medical field.
- Fun Fact: I once held a monkey on my head when visiting St. Kitts.
- Why WOU: I get to work with an amazing group of people who are all team oriented and focused on helping others. Everyone wants to see success in the workplace no matter what that may look like, and the support has been phenomenal since day one. I believe that everyone should be able to thrive in a role that fits their lifestyle.
- Favorite Recruiter Tip: Research the opportunity you are applying for and come with questions! We are always happy to answer questions. You never know what an open conversation may lead to!
- Bio: Marianne joined the WOU recruiting team in November of 2021. She previously worked in administrative and communications roles and her most recent position was as the Executive Assistant for an independent publishing company. Marianne graduated from Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania with a degree in Geoenvironmental Studies.
- Fun fact: I love jewelry and have over 300 pairs of earrings!
- Why WOU: I love that WOU is always looking outside of the box and striving to be creative in helping individuals find meaningful work. As a member of the recruiting team, we carry those values into the interview process and are looking at more than just a resume to find the right person for each position. WOU’s openness and innovation makes everyday interesting and exciting.
- Favorite Recruiter Tip: Let your passion shine through! Share specific experiences with us that helped you realize why you wanted to work in this field
- Bio: Shawna joined the WOU recruiting team in March of 2022. She previously worked in Human Services for 13 years, providing direct support, training, recruitment, and management of several programs. She is enrolled in Granite State College’s Bachelor’s program, where she will major in Human Resources and minor in Human Services.
- Fun Fact: I am an outdoor enthusiast! I enjoy hiking, kayaking, tenting, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, and snowboarding. Anything outdoors!
- Why WOU: WOU is an organization that strives to be creative and passionate about its mission. WOU values its employees and has outstanding teams who work well together, positively impacting quality and outcomes.
- Favorite Recruiter Tip: Don’t hesitate to ask questions. Although a conversation/interview is an opportunity for a business to get to know you, it is also your opportunity to learn about the business. Doing so will help you ensure that the company is a good fit for you and aligns with your career goals.
BIO: Robyn joined the WOU recruiting team in October of 2022. Before WOU, she was an assistant manager in retail. Robyn graduated from the University of Hartford with a BFA in Illustration and a minor in Art History.
Fun Fact: I am a peanut butter fanatic!
Why WOU: I was referred by another recruiting team member who spoke highly about the organization. Once I learned more about the mission, I knew I wanted to become part of a team that made such a positive impact on the lives of others.
Favorite Recruiter Tip: If someone holds a long “pause” after you’ve provided an answer to an interview question, that’s a cue for you to elaborate more and offer more information.
BIO: Molly joined the WOU recruiting team in November 2022. Before WOU, she worked in human resources and customer service. Molly graduated from the University of New Hampshire with a B.A. in Psychology.
Fun Fact: I love candles! I have over 120 candles in my current collection.
Why WOU: WOU is an organization that genuinely cares. I am honored to be a part of an amazing team of creative and passionate individuals working towards a common purpose; to make a positive impact in so many lives by creating new opportunities for success in the workplace every day.
Favorite Recruiter Tip: Take the time to review the company’s website before speaking with a recruiter and note any questions you may have. It is essential to make sure that the company you are applying to aligns with your career goals!
BIO: Abigail graduated from Penn State with a B.S. in Labor and Human Resources. She joined WOU in January of 2023 after graduating in December 2022.
Fun Fact: I have been skiing since I was seven years old! Love it!
Why WOU: WOU’s mission and values were two of the most critical attributes that resonated with me. I was drawn to the people, training, collaboration, and supportive environment. I couldn’t ask for a better place to begin my career.
Favorite Recruiter Tip: Show your personality and put your best foot forward. Even though it might be a phone call and we cannot directly see the candidate, hearing them speak and the tone in their voice is something we pick up on right away! First impressions are lasting!
We create new opportunities for SUCCESS
in the workplace, every day
Send your resume to Careers@WorkOpportunities.Net or call 866-761-1347 to apply.